Saturday, April 4, 2009

Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW9052-1V

Customer Buzz
This is a very functional "work" watch for me. It is durable, and has plastic/rubber casing, so I don't have to worry about electric shock (I'm an engineer). I've had it on since I got it about a month ago, with zero problems. Definately recommend.

Customer Buzz
I bought this watch for my husband for Valentine's Day. This is his 4th Casio G-Shock Watch. He really likes it and wears it everyday. They are very durable. The price was the best that I found. He was really suprised what I paid for it. And best of all the shipping was free!

Customer Buzz
I had a same model. But mine got old.
This model is like mine but with some plus features.
Really good, nice delivery.

Customer Buzz
In the last 60 days I have purchased (3) G-Shock Model: DW9052-1V watches from Amazon and have had to return each one for the same reason. All three watches died within 7 to 10 days. They all froze with the same display as the image loaded by P. Murphy. I really liked the watch, looks good, good price but it only worked for a week. After retuning all three of the G-Shock DW9052-1V I have to say it's disappointing to see such a poor quality G-Shock product. I wonder how long Amazon will keep selling this model? They should just supply a return shipping label with every watch. Save yourself the time, choose another G-Shock.

Customer Buzz
I bought this watch to take my SCUBA certification test. Good looking watch and works as advertised. I will not wear it for anything other than sports, as it is a little too bulky for that. I do like it for the purchase intended.

Customer Buzz
It's ridiculous but it died in swimming pool. I thought I am not lucky but as I've seen in other people reviews it happened quite often with this model. I wouldn't take a chance anymore.

Customer Buzz
same issues as other people here. first one fritzed, then returned it. second one fritzed out as well. got another model instead. if i could, i would give it zero stars.

Customer Buzz
Buying a Casio G-shock is a hit and miss. I have owned a couple over the years with minimal problems. But in Aug I bought the 9052 and it suffered sudden death syndrome. So amazon was nice to swap it out. Then 3 months later moisture started to appear under the display. Amazon wouldnt take it back again so I turned to casio warranty. I mailed it in and they have denied my request and are asking for $30.00 to repair it.. WTF Called them and got no where.... BTW If I want my watch back I have to pay $8 return shipping.
Can anyone reccomend anything else, since I'm boycotting Casio...

Customer Buzz
Another victim of the Sudden G-Shock Death Syndrome described in other reviews here. This one just went dead after less than 6 months of normal use -- no water immersion, no banging or shocks, no falls from high buildings. I sent it to an authorized repair center, got it back seemingly repaired, but then 2 months later it was dead again. My once high confidence in Casio is shot. For everyday use I've replaced it with a $14 Timex 1440 which is nowhere near as cool-looking, but has functioned reliably for over a year. I've also owned incredibly cheap no-name digital watches for use at the gym that were more durable and lasted for years. I bought this watch based on the 4 stars average review and ignored the people reporting bad experiences -- but now realize that the 8 one-star reviews vs. 25 five-star reviews found on Amazon today really point to higher chances of dissatisfaction than a "4 out of 5 stars" would seem to indicate.

Customer Buzz
I bought this item to replace my old G-Shock, a DW9050. I've had the old one for 5+ years, and have not even replaced the battery. It has been diving to 90 ft, rafting, kayaking, been worn swimming innumerable times, and generally been on my wrist 99% of the time. I replaced it because it was getting rather beat up (except the part we used to call the crystal, which is quite unscratched) and the little boot on one of the buttons had come off and gotten lost. I really liked this old watch.

Well, the replacement, the real subject of this review, died after 3 weeks. All but a few random bits of the numbers disappeared, and it "locked up." I felt as though if I could have "rebooted" it, it might have been OK again (for how long though?) but I didn't want to remove the battery cover. I rather liked it while it lived, though the features differed some from my old one.

Amazon, much to its credit, replaced the dead watch (overnight shipping) and prepaid for the return of the old one, even though I had discarded the plastic box.

The replacement soon died too. I returned it for a refund. I don't know what's up with this particular Casio model, but you're taking your chances if you buy it.

About Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW9052-1V detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #52 in Watches
  • Brand: Casio
  • Model: DW9052-1V
  • Number of items: 1
  • Band material: Resin
  • Bezel material: Resin
  • Case material: Resin
  • Clasp type: Buckle
  • Dial color: digital
  • Dial window material: Mineral
  • Movement type: Quartz
  • Water-resistant to 660 feet

Features

  • Quartz movement
  • Protective Mineral crystal protects watch from scratches
  • Case diameter: 46 mm
  • Resin case; Digital dial; Day-date-and-month functions
  • Water resistant up to 660 feet (200 M)

Related Product





Source From softcafe-20
Cheers and have a GREAT day!
Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
|Powers by 155cafe|