Friday, April 10, 2009

Casio Men's G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Watch #GW5600J-1

Customer Buzz
This watch replaced my old G-Shock that I had since 1993 (original battery too!!) that went missing some how. This one seems just as good no problems syncing with the atomic clock it does it every night. Seems to charge as advertised. Plenty of useful functions, I really like the count down timer and multiple alarms. All the functions are very easy to adjust on the fly, I have big (as in fat) fingers and sometimes manipulating small controls poses a problem. Not so in this instance. Over all I would say this watch is a winner for me. I would suggest this watch to anyone with a need for a utilitarian, sturdy ,and reliable watch that requires nothing more than strapping it to your wrist and getting on down the road.

Customer Buzz

I bought this and i send it right back,i dont know but it look so fragile,so weak,even the back cover look like plastic and now that i know thanks to a reviewer that you have to depend on casiosalesandservice to get bands for 20 something dollars,theres no option to buy a better band,i dont like this at all.I had the original DW5000 in the 80s and this feels like a toy.

Customer Buzz
This is a wonderful watch. It's simple to use and nice looking. I like it.

Customer Buzz
I've been a G shock owner since the early 80's and with this current one it will continUE. Simple easy to usre Sat...Atomic solar watch easy to read and as durable as the standard. easy to see if somthing OFF or on.

Customer Buzz
I expect this watch to last many, many years. For some reason, it seems to be very difficult for me to find a watch that has all the features I need/want.

What I needed: digital, sweat friendly plastic band for running, stopwatch, countdown timer, sturdy.

What I wanted: solar, countdown repeat timer.

This one gave me everything except the countdown repeat function. That doesn't seem to exist on any solar powered watch from any brand.

Positives:
Intuitive function menus. Readable display with a useful backlight. Atomic auto time setting is novel and appreciated - I will never have to change a battery and never have to set the time myself. It is always right. Very comfortable when running. Very lightweight considering size.

Negatives:
Size is a bit thinker than I prefer but I have small wrists for a guy. The recessed buttons cannot be used with gloves - cold weather dwellers be aware - and are difficult to push bare fingered. But this could be a plus if you worry about accidentally pushing a button. Would really like a repeat timer but I couldn't find that feature on any solar powered watch.

Overall: I would buy it again.

Customer Buzz
This watch is great. It works as advertised. If one is not fastidious about its looks, it can be worn for any occasion. Now I never have to worry about having the correct time, I have set it to update daily from the Colorado atomic clock signals.

Customer Buzz
This watch was chosen for practicality and utility rather than style and it delivers. It has additional features not mentioned in the ad copy, has remained fully charged without any special attention, is dead-on accurate, and seems to be just about immune to trauma. For me it serves well and I do not have to worry about it. I have had it for three months and I have neither complaints nor any worthwhile ideas on improvements. Good watch.

Customer Buzz
Tough watch at a tough to beat price. The display is extremely legible in all light conditions (thanks to the backlight). The atomic clock function is neat and useful. I set my other clocks and watches by this Casio. I use the countdown timer every day.

My only complaint, and it is nit picking, is that the day of the week should be displayed with the month and day. It is not a real issue since I normally know what day of the week I am in.

Customer Buzz
The G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar GW5600J-1 is probably one of the best purchases I've ever made; or at least, one that has made me happy the most.

First all I wanted, was to replace my old DW5400; which - by the way - still works quite well although its bezel felt in pieces several years ago and its buttons have become a little hard to push. This last fact is a result of the bets I used to hold in high school (back in the 80's) about the effective shock resistance of my DW5400. ¿Do you remember that old commercial in which a G-Shock is hit with a hockey stick? Well, mine had to overcome something similar but much more times that the one in the commercial.

All I was looking then, was for the simplest model of the actual G-Shock series; so I was about to purchase the DW5600E-1V. Then I realized there was a solar and atomic version just for twenty something dollars more. I thought it was great to be available a solar version, since I've always heard that G-Shocks hold their total tightness just until you have to open them to replace the batteries.

But here comes the truly important part of the story, which I hope a lot of people will find certainly interesting... I decided to get the Atomic Solar GW5600J-1 because I also felt very attracted to the atomic feature; however, I was sure it was not going to work for me because I live in Bogota, Colombia S.A.

"What the heck..." I said to myself; "the price is affordable, it's going to be a watch for the life time and I'll be able to see it working whenever I go to the US". I'm not a very often traveler, but that was enough for me because I'm not an actual ultra accurate time fanatic; just an average technology enthusiastic.

The same day I got my GW5600J-1, I read the whole instruction manual; I set all the functions and just in case, with a little hope, before I went to bed I left the watch on my desk in the synchronization position that Casio recommends.

It synchronized perfectly with Fort Collins atomic clock, just as it has been doing almost every morning from more than a month ago; all I have to do is being careful about not leaving the watch next to my computer or any other electrical appliance because it won't let the synchronization run.

So this is it. If you are one of the persons that would like to purchase this watch but you're not sure if it will work in other countries different to the US or Japan, and in the other hand, you haven't found any customer review about this aspect (as it happened to me), this information may be useful to you. At least in Bogota, Colombia, South America, the synchronization system of the GW5600J-1 works, as it should work - I think - in Canada (except Newfoundland) and most countries of Central America.


Customer Buzz
Very comfortable, I forget I'm even wearing it!
It has a much better fit & finish than the 5600's of the 90's.
Atomic sync works great, but then again I live close to the transmitter in Ft. Collins.

About Casio Men's G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Watch #GW5600J-1 detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #155 in Watches
  • Brand: Casio
  • Model: GW5600J-1
  • Dimensions: .60 pounds
  • Band material: Resin
  • Bezel material: Resin
  • Case material: Resin
  • Clasp type: Buckle
  • Dial color: digital-gray
  • Dial window material: Mineral
  • Movement type: Japanese-Quartz
  • Water-resistant to 660 feet

Features

  • Quality Japanese-Quartz movement
  • Tough Solar Power; Shock Resistant; Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
  • World Time - 29 times zones (30 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off
  • Rugged case and strap made of resin
  • Water resistant up to 660 feet (200 M)

Read more Casio Men's G-Shock Atomic Tough Solar Watch #GW5600J-1

Related Product





Source From Deals Shopping Reviews softcafe Store
Cheers and have a GREAT day!
Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
|Powers by 155cafe|