Saturday, March 28, 2009

Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW5600E-1V

Customer Buzz
Over the years I have owned a great any timepieces. Everything from Rolexes and Omegas to cheapy no-name pieces of junk. In my work which involves a great deal of time on, in and under the water, there has only been one watch that has never let me down - the Casio G-Shock. It does the job, day in and day out. I've managed to wear out cases and straps on G-Shocks, but I've never flooded one or had it fail. I really don't need fancy, I need dependable and the Casio is the most dependable timepiece I've ever found.

Customer Buzz
This is the best watch I have ever owned. You can tell it is extremely well made the moment you pick it up. I will concur with some of the other reviewers that the button on the top left can be hard to press if you don't have any fingernails. That would be my only complaint. Extremely functional with almost no bells and whistles (just the way I like it). Being in the military, I was looking for something simple and tough that wouldn't draw a lot of attention...this is it. I could not be happier...in fact I am ecstatic. This is the watch I should have bought 5 years ago instead of buying the cheap Ironman watches which always fall apart after two years of use. I have never owned a $25 Wal-Mart watch for more than two years. That was a sunk cost, but now I have a "real watch" that I am sure will last for years. Look no further.

Customer Buzz
This 5600 has everything I need, and nothing I don't:
- It tells you the time, date, and day of the week at a glance.
- It has 1 alarm (not 5 like many other G-Shocks -- too fidly).
- A countdown timer (with the current time shown in the upper box).
- A stopwatch (again, time is still shown).

That's it. If you want fancy "features" like inaccurate temperature readings, barometric pressure graph which gets distorted by temperature and altitude, 19 alarms, and world time in 7,000 cities around the world -- look elsewhere! This watch does exactly what a wristwatch should, which in my opinion is tell the time, and take an absolute beating. I don't particularly want to stand in public pressing 15 buttons on my watch, just to set a quick alarm to remind me of something. This 5600 keeps everything relatively simple (obviously go through the manual when you first get it).

(I started collecting G-Shocks; they have all since been given away/sold since I discovered this little beauty. I had a Riseman, Gulfman, Mudman, and G7700 -- and none of them were worn after purchasing this. And I paid AUS$350 for the Riseman!)

The design of this watch is absolutely classic. It is truly a "timeless" design for a digital watch. The best thing about it is the simplicity -- it is one of the few G-Shocks which doesn't have random circles which show the seconds, bar graphs, a bezel 2 inches off your wrist, etc etc. It's clean and simple.

As far as durability, I haven't taken mine off for over 6 months; it's been swimming indoors, at the beach, smashed against shelving time and time again (I'm a storeman), it gets run under hot water about 10 times a day for hand-washing, I shower in it, sleep in it, play with my kids at the park ... It is yet to show ANY visible damage -- absolutely amazing!

The buttons are fine to press. After setting the alarm, starting the stopwatch, whatever, it returns you to the time mode with a single button push. Again, there is no nonsense, like scrolling through 5 more modes just to get back to the time display.

If you are also looking at the "solar atomic" model of the 5600, please consider -- the batteries in this watch will last years and years, and it will keep very accurate time (I reset it against Internet atomic time every few months and it's never been out by more than a few seconds). In my opinion solar & atomic are essentially "gimmicks" in wristwatches (no offense to those that enjoy those features, but, I see them as useless, and I have owned a solar G-Shock).

I 100% recommend this watch for the no-nonsense buyer who wants a relatively slim/sleek G-Shock with all the toughness, and non of the "fluff".

Customer Buzz
This watch has every feature that I want and no more, is incredibly rugged, and fits perfectly in every environment. This is my third G-Shock, and I doubt I'd every buy anything else.

Customer Buzz
I've had this watch for over thirteen years. It never once failed me and I've only replaced the battery once.

The only thing I've had a problem with is that the casing around the watch has broken and fallen off, but if you contact casio they will replace it for you for a resonable charge.



Customer Buzz
My first exposure to a G-shock was in the engine room of a USN destroyer, on the wrist of a gas turbine technician while we were standing the midwatch. "That watch looks tough," I said. "I don't know...let's find out," he replied, then took it off, picked up a rubber mallet and started pounding it like a madman. It bounced around on the deck plates but never cracked or broke. I was sold.

This watch looks identical to that watch but is deficient in a few ways. The second time zone feature is gone, and perhaps as a result the functions of the buttons are rearranged in a way that feels screwy. New purchasers of the watch will probably like it just fine. Users who bought the old version for $25 twenty years ago from the commissary will have the unpleasant feeling of talking to a best friend who's been lobotomized.

It's still a solid product--excellent for all manner of outdoor activities (though too thick to fit inside a standard dress shirt sleeve cuff)--but I'm frustrated with Casio's poor headwork in redesigning it backwards.

Customer Buzz
I have owned a couple of watches like this over the years and forgot how light weight and practical they are. The first watch [in the past] I ever owned that didn't get a rainstorm when worn by a working man. Don't let anyone tell you you can't put a flex band on because it can be done. Highly recommended. JWB

Customer Buzz
The very first Casio watch I had was a 50M dress watch, resin. When I saw a G-Shock advertised for a ridiculous price at a local discount store I determined to get there. Dropped off after work 15 miles away, I forded a 4 ft. deep stream, clambered through a patch of thorns as tall as me, and got hit by a car taking a 'shortcut' to the sale. The store tried to tell me they were out (because the paper had the wrong price) but I wasn't going anywhere without a watch. They finally relented and I got my G-Shock for a real bargain! And it took whatever punishment I gave it. From operating chain saws to cross-country running through mud and dust my G-Shock perservered. Always on time, stop-watch and alarm always ready, there was never a more useful tool in my essential survival kit. I bought it in 1987 and in 1995 I gave it to a homeless man, still running. That was one durable timepiece, it took the most beating of any of my half-dozen G-Shocks. I definitely recommend this series of watches.

Customer Buzz
As you get to be my age, it is difficult to find the products that defined a category still in production. The new replacements often have modifications that in my mind make them inferior to the originals. Sometimes it appears as though the new product was designed by someone who has actually never used one in "real life." Typically, I am forced to access the pre-owned market to get what I want. Not in this case. The Casio Men's G-shock Classic Digital Watch is very similar to the watch that replaced the stop watch, the dry land and not-so dry land wrist watch, and alarm clock a couple of decades ago. It has just enough functionally to be truly useful - time (24 or 12 hour), date (helps when filling out those forms that are becoming part of daily life), alarm (for those early morning activities), stop watch (for that interval training necessary to retain some of the speed of youth), and a couple of other things that have slipped my mind :-) all in a small and durable package. Good, inexpensive, tough, useful watch.

Customer Buzz
I've had this watch for 5 months and I really like it. Only one gripe here: I'd like to have the ability to keep the backlight on while setting the alarm.

About Casio Men's G-Shock Classic Digital Watch #DW5600E-1V detail

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #9 in Watches
  • Brand: Casio
  • Model: DW5600E-1V
  • Number of items: 1
  • Band material: Resin
  • Bezel material: Resin
  • Case material: Resin
  • Clasp type: Buckle
  • Dial color: digital-gray
  • Dial window material: Mineral
  • Movement type: Quartz
  • Water-resistant to 660 feet

Features

  • Shock Resistant; EL Backlight with Afterglow;
  • Multi-function Alarm; 1/100 second stopwatch; 1:00'00-23:59'59 (after 60 minutes); Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes); 1 second (after 60 minutes); Measuring mode: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
  • Countdown Timer; Measuring unit: 1 second; Countdown range: 24 hours; Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments and 1-hour increments)
  • Hourly Time Signal; Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039); 12/24 Hour Formats
  • Water resistant up to 660 feet (200 M)

Related Product





Source From softcafe-20
I would be grateful if you would give me the Interview
Cheers !.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
|Powers by 155cafe|